Cheer Video Audition Information
**At this time we do NOT allow video auditions unless you have an extenuating circumstance. If this applies to you, please follow the information below.
Video auditions packets are due no later than May 12th via email:
Please include the following:
A brief video introduction telling us who you are, your background, tell us why your attitude is of the highest integrity, and describe what makes you fantastic at always putting the team first.
1. Video performing the following:
Game day material
· Chant 1: “We are Houston” include stunts, jumps & standing tumbling
· Chant 2: “U of H” include stunts, jumps & standing tumbling
· Chant 3: “Go Coogs Go!” include stunts, jumps & standing tumbling
· U of H Fight Song (Knowing the words is part of your audition; click here!)
Cougars fight for dear old U of H
For our Alma Mater cheer.
Fight for Houston University
For victory is near.
When the going gets so rough and tough
We never worry cause we got the stuff.
So fight, fight, fight for red and white
And we will go to victory.
Game day dance
· Land of 1000 dances
Jumps to tumbling
· Jumps to tuck or higher
· Jumps to back handspring back or higher
· Standing back tuck or higher
· Option 1: Running round off back tuck or higher
· Option 2: Any specialty pass
See required game day and elite stunt combinations on the main page. Must include both game day and elite stunts.
You must also mail the following to the address below prior to May 11th:
University of Houston Cheerleaders
c/o Amy Weaston
3333 Cullen Blvd
Houston, TX 77204-4017
1. Application or Acceptance letter into the University of Houston Main Campus
2. $50 non-refundable check or money order payable to UH bands.
3. A full body photo in color in tryout attire (black bottoms, red top, hair and make up game day ready)
4. Copy of current physical
5. Copy of insurance card (front and back)